"Learning to knit was a snap. It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me."
Erma Bombeck

Monday, February 1, 2010

A day or three late


First sign of spring---my jonquils are blooming!

A quote from the most recent Yarn Harlot Blog, "# 1 reason for knitted crap.....Failure to read instructions!" It probably wouldn't have made any difference if I had read this a few days ago, my head and chest were clogged up with stuff, but my body equates resting with knitting, and I was dying to get started on the Undulating Waves Scarf. The written instructions were short, the chart simple......autopilot knitting.....wrong. The instructions are short, but every word is vital, and I could have saved myself some ripping and re-ripping if I had read the pattern not just once but two or three times. However I got on the right track Saturday night after everyone else had gone to bed, the scarf is proceeding nicely now, thank you. I am very appreciative of the yarn which did not show any wear and tear from all the ripping. My students will benefit from my experience (mistakes). I wish I could show you a photo of my progress, but Hugh needed the camera today. However I love the interplay of this yarn with this pattern, and I hope to share a picture with you tomorrow.

No comments: