"Learning to knit was a snap. It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me."
Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Take a knitting break.

Laundry and more laundry---this the time of year that I wash blankets and bedspreads; it is hot enough to dry them outside, and doing so may keep my 33 year old Maytag dryer going a while longer. There are sooo many things I'd rather spend money on than appliances. Wrangling heavy, wet bedding is hot, sweaty work though, necessitating regular knitting breaks. Although I've had a couple of doubts regarding the SOL shawl, I put my mind at rest by searching for Noro shawls on Ravelry---I saw many beautiful ones. That site is a wonderful resource, chances are good that someone (often many someones) has made the project you are contemplating, and perhaps has posted helpful suggestions.

No comments: