"Learning to knit was a snap. It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me."
Erma Bombeck

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Just Scrumptious!

Superwash merino/silk sportweight

This may be the perfect baby yarn.  I chose it for the layette I plan to knit for my new grandaughter who is due October 4th.  I am still searching for the perfect patterns. As I type, I am waiting for the French Knot to open, a month or so ago I spied a darling baby girl sweater on the shop wall near the baby yarn, and I plan to phone the store as soon as they open. I am planning to knit a sweater, hat, booties, and a small blanket.  The yarn has shipped and should arrive any day now, I will start the sweater first because I am suffering from a bit of blanket fatigue/boredom from working  the edging of the my current project, the "home from the hospital and christening shawl... the Bridgewater shawl by Jared Flood, knitted in cream Panda Silk.  I cautiously made some mathematical calculations because I wanted to make Bridgewater about 20 percent smaller without ruining the meticulous mitering of the original pattern.  I love Jared's patterns, they are so beautifully designed and written, which makes even the more challenging of them, easy to follow.  The blanket ennui is just me, and some 168 edging repeats :-0  I've estimated that if I knit two or three repeats a day, I'll finish in eight to twelve weeks, well before October, and work on the layette too. I think I can, I think I can.... plus I have several bookings for pet sitting this summer, and those are always great for getting lots of knitting done,

 
Bridgewater

No comments: