"Learning to knit was a snap. It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me."
Erma Bombeck

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I've fallen and I can't get up - the Venita Shawl.


As I've said before, I may not be the Yarn Harlot, but I am a yarn harlot. Who else shops for yarn when my stash contains yarns of countless colors in all weights and every fiber? But Elann had Noro sock yarn at a 40% discount (sold out in minutes), and I found myself sitting in front of the library computer at 11 o'clock sharp this morning. My heart sank when I realized that I didn't have my credit card with me, but miraculously I realized I had memorized it! My first choice, Jade Garden, was not yet sold out....I plan to knit a lacey shawl from the Venita pattern ( a smaller version--shoulder shawl), a free pattern from Lorna Pearman. http://peargirlknits.blogspot.com/ This simple pattern has shoulder shaping for a better drape. It would be a great stash-buster too.


1 comment:

Lorna Pearman said...

Very cool, Sharen, thanks!