"Learning to knit was a snap. It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me."
Erma Bombeck

Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year!

Don't you like this photo of a Louisiana winter scene.? I've enjoyed being able to see the birds more easily now that so many of the trees have shed their leaves.

I've been having computer problems, three defective modems later I'm finally back on line, ready to get back to blogging.

The twelve days of Christmas are my favorite part of the season, beginning with an afternoon church service, followed by all the wonderful happy chaos of family, food, and laughter and ending with Katy's birthday celebration. She is twelve, and still a joy. Over the past few years, it has been my custom to spend December 26th in my red robe and slippers, sipping coffee or tea, knitting, reading, napping.... All this cold weather is conducive to indoor activities, and I have been in cocoon mode, content to let Hugh run the errands (he seems to suffer from cabin fever much more frequently than I).

I thought this Soft Rib Rib Sweater would be perfect to wear while curled up with a good book or knitting; it could also double as a bed jacket! A quick knit on large needles, it is a free pattern from the Lion Brand web site.
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90464AD.html?r=1


No comments: