"Learning to knit was a snap. It was learning how to stop that nearly destroyed me."
Erma Bombeck

Friday, January 22, 2010

Knitting With Beads

Many of the generous knitting designers that sell their patterns on Ravelry have pledged a percentage of their sales to Haitian relief. Ravelry has grouped these patterns here. The pattern for the Undulating Waves Scarf is one of those listed; this beautiful scarf uses Schaefer Susan handpainted cotton and #6 beads. I will host a mini class on Knitting With Beads if any of you want to join me in making this scarf. I ordered my yarn from Ewe Need Yarn and my #6 Miyuki beads from Fusion Beads (I ordered 6 pkgs). Please purchase the Susan Undulating Waves Scarf from Ravelry (the wool Heather Undulating Waves Scarf knits to a different gauge). The class fee will be $10.00 and the entire amount will be donated to Episcopal Relief for Haiti. Let me know if you are interested. The pattern for the French Press Slippers is also available at the same link. If the link doesn't work for you, just go to Ravelry. ">

No comments: